Thru God's Eyes....

I can't believe I have let an entire month slip by without recording a memory on this blog for my kids. And what a month full of memories June has been: Grandma Peterson & the girls came to visit, a trip to Silver Dollar City, beach vacation with the Myers clan, and summer time swimming! Lots to share and record. Soon....I promise.

Tonight I wanted to record how blessed I am to be Mommy to Trista & Trace. With a 4 year old drama queen and a very stubborn 2 year old there have been days I feel so defeated. And the day usually ends in tears when I look at my sleeping babies and I am so disappointed I let frustrations and power struggles rule the day. I have really been struggling with this, feeling like I am failing my kids. I want them to be thankful, kind, joyful - and I realized I wasn't doing one of the most important things I should do as a Mom - pray for and over my children. So I have been praying over my kids each night and trying to remember to stop during the most frustrating parts of the day and pray - pray for Trista and Trace. During these times of pray, God has given me glimpses of my children thru His Eyes - reflections of my own amazement when they first came into this world, when they took their first steps, when they learned to give bear hugs around my neck, when I watch them sleep so peacefully. God doesn't see the drama queen and the little yeller - He sees innocence and love. With a humble heart, I pray that God will continue to "correct" my vision to match His and that I will learn to appreciate each and every day I have to enjoy and love my children.

No comments: