"but Mom, I was just trying to make him an Indian!"


This is exactly why I wanted to start a blog to record every day moments like this. Once the marker washed off the wall, I realized how special this memory could be and I grabbed my camera.
It was a Saturday morning and Trista & Trace were playing upstairs while I was cooking pancakes. They were giggling and having a good time and then I heard Trista call me to come up. I told her to wait until I had the pancakes finished - but she responded with "Trace did something to my wall" So I left the pancakes to burn and ran upstairs to find the wall, the bedspread, and Trace covered in marker.
Once we all calmed down and got out of time-out, I had Trace in the bath and calmly asked Trista to tell me the truth of what happened. She first claimed that Trace did it all by himself, but once I saw perfect circles from a stamper marker....I asked her if she stamped those and she responded with a quiet "Yes mama........but Mom, I was just trying to make him an Indian."

No comments: